July’s New Moon falls on July 9th, 2021 at 16°13′ of water sign Cancer. A new moon is a dark period (the Moon is dark) when the Sun and the Moon meet at the same degree in the same sign, and things are initiated.
During a moon phase in Cancer, we tend to become highly emotional on the inside and harder on the outside surface. Our nesting desire becomes stronger, and we have a greater need for fulfilling inner emotional needs in order to establish a solid home base, as, without it, we might feel lost.
Along with the home and family matters, issues of real estate and patriotism also come into focus.
This is a cardinal moon phase, and cardinal moon phases are action-oriented. This is when we put our plans into action, and these are usually fast-moving times.
The Main Aspects formed by the New Moon in Cancer:
- sextile Uranus in Taurus – this might be an opportunity that emerges unexpectedly; however, since the moon is separating from Uranus, whatever it is, it might not stick around for too long, so grab it while you can.
- trine Neptune in Pisces – our intuition is likely to be stronger.
- opposite Pluto in Capricorn – this transit can make us feel pretty overwhelmed. This is an applying aspect, which will be exact on July 17th, pushing us to implement the well-needed changes in the area of life activated by this new moon.
As this new moon goes along, Mercury, the planet of communication and curiosity, will finally leave Gemini after over two months, allowing us to move away from any dramas that we may have experienced over the last few weeks and instead focus on improving our relationships with others, as with Mercury in Cancer one can communicate beyond words.
To find out how this New Moon in Cancer will influence you based on your ascendant sign, watch the video below.
You May Also Like
- Full Moon in Aquarius 1°26’, July 24th, 2021
- Black Moon Lilith in Gemini, July 2021 – April 2022
- Mars in Leo opposition Saturn in Aquarius, July 1st, 2021
- Venus and Mars Conjunction 13th July 2021
- The July 2021 New Moon in Cancer 16°13′
- Full Moon in Capricorn June 24th, 2021
Justyna is an intuitive astrologer that specialises in Western Astrology. She uses astrology as a tool to help others heal from past traumas and discover their natural talents and assist how they can utilise them to their fullest potential.